Founded in 1975, Burgess is the superyacht industry leader renowned for its professional yachting services. The company guides clients through every aspect of the yachting experience, including charter, sale and purchase, and management. Reporting to the Retail Charter Brokers, you will assist them in their daily duties, helping to coordinate the logistics of client charters and be their main point of contact. This is primarily a sales support role.
- Prepare electronic and hardcopy bound yacht presentations, as directed by Broker, for client enquiries.
- Formulate client-friendly bespoke itineraries, as directed by Broker, for potential and booked charters using PowerPoint.
- Maintain database with up to date client details including regular updating of general contact information, addresses and notes.
- Record new enquiries and clients into the database
- Ability to calculate commission rates, discounts and charter expenses accurately from data provided by broker and enter into our system
Charter Agreement & Document Preparation
- Prepare charter agreements and all accompanying paperwork
- Instruct Finance department on incoming and outgoing client funds and payments.
- Create and manage both electronic and hard copy files with all information relating to booked charters.
- Liaise with captains and crews with regards to the preparations needed prior to a charter commencing
- Liaise with Central Agents, gathering general information on yacht availability and compile report for broker’s consideration
- Coordinate pre and post charter client gifts
- Handle phone calls from company and industry colleagues in broker’s absence
- Manage broker’s calendar and stay on top of any due dates regarding the charter process
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements for broker
- Compile and organize broker’s monthly expenses for Finance Department
- Regularly research and data mine for potential clients
- Accompany and/or prepare broker for any client/industry presentations
- Assist at company and Industry sponsored events or Boat Shows when appropriate
- Any other task reasonably required.
This opportunity is in our Miami office
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail, and conscientiousness to record information accurately
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and numeracy
- A proven ability to use all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint to intermediate level, and Photo Shop (basic skills).
- Experience working with multiple template formats
- Capability to work independently and take initiative but also be an excellent team player
- A good sense of humor
- Calm, confident and professional
- College Degree (Associates Degree acceptable)
- Current Passport
- Proven ability to work in the United States
Experience working in sales or customer service for luxury brands or in industries that require interaction with high net worth properties or individuals
College Graduate or 1 – 2 years of experience in a support or administrative type role for a busy sales team
Applications should be made in writing, preferably via email, with an up to date resume and cover letter to Anita Reagan – (email@example.com) No resume will be considered unless accompanied by a cover letter. Burgess is an equal opportunity employer who will happily consider candidates from all backgrounds who are able to demonstrate the required personal and professional qualities for this role.