Ferretti Group of America is the dealer and distributor for the group’s yacht brands in the Americas, which include Ferretti, Riva, Pershing, Custom Line, CRN, Mochi and Itama. Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace. Visit us at www.ferrettigroupamerica.com
How to apply? Complete an application at 1445 SE 16th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm and return to the Human Resources Department. You can also send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
This position is located in Fort Lauderdale area, Florida. We offer a competitive compensation package including a great benefits plan!
The following outline of a job description is to serve as a guide for expected job performance. It is not intended to limit individual initiative. The company reserves the right to add or delete job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete repairs (including mechanical, electrical, paint, etc.) within the specified times
- Advise After Sales Manager of diagnosis, needed repairs, and cost estimate; include pictures of before/after when applicable
- Ensure when completing each job, confirm work is satisfactory and in good working order
- Attend factory training if assigned; attend additional technical training as necessary
- Troubleshoot some repairs via phone or video conference when necessary
- Maintain proper inventory of common items stocked in van
- Assist with necessary showroom/office improvements when assigned
- Utilize forklift when pulling necessary parts and/or bins
- Domestic and international travel for work when necessary, especially in the summer. Flexibility with nights/weekends/holidays, overtime possibility
- Assists with preparation of vessels for boats shows and events
- Accompany Corporate Captains on sea trials when needed
- Complete commissioning and inspection reports accurately when assigned
- Maintain company equipment to ensure good working order, including vehicles and conserve shop supplies as appropriate
- Keep work area/tools clean and organized at all times
- Collect all necessary information before requesting parts and once ordered, maintain necessary documents
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other company personnel and positive client interactions
- Keep accurate records of your duties for timecard; including the vessel and hull number for work order and send to after sales management and administration
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Answers inquiries and seeks input when uncertain of tasks
- Follow safety rules, applicable laws and regulations; wear proper protective gear as needed
- Maintain a satisfactory attendance record, including availability for potential overtime
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Related experience in the Marine industry required. High school/GED; technical or vocational school a plus; bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus, and require three or more years related technical experience and/or training. Strong understanding of customer service and ability to communicate effectively. Possess essential mechanical and technical skills. Possess job-related skills, i.e., welding, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fiberglass, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safety – Perform the job wearing all proper gear, keep area clean, and report any incidents immediately
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer service—for both internal and external customers, the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.