Service Project Manager
Ferretti Group of America
The following outline of a job description is to serve as a guide for expected job performance. It is not intended to limit individual initiative. The company reserves the right to add or delete job responsibilities.
The Service Project Manager, reporting to the After Sales Manager, is responsible for planning, scheduling, performing, directing, and evaluating the repair and servicing of our new inventory, trade-in inventory and retail service jobs. They have significant control of maintenance equipment and shop assets that are in use with our service technicians. The Service Project Manager must routinely manage, advise, consult, and assist
subordinates and subcontractors that we engage. They are also responsible for equipment repair schedules and records, including meeting any deadlines or requests by our After Sales Managers or Director of After Sales. Additionally, the Service Project Manager must purchase any necessary parts to complete repairs, and having knowledge of repair procedures is necessary.
Other duties performed by the Service Project Manager include assigning work to subordinates, as well as establishing deadlines and modifying work schedules to meet deadlines as needed. They must provide accurate estimates of repair costs, inspect shop facilities to ensure safety and efficiency, and inspect work while it is being done and after it is completed. Additionally, Service Project Managers must also provide any other assistance when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for managing a team of technicians and subcontractors on and off site. Including performance management and coaching.
• Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning, scheduling and reporting process.
• Assigns work order tasks to technicians and subcontractors so that each task is completed in the most cost-efficient manner.
• Provide the first line of quality control on all service work orders.
• Along with the After Sales Managers and After Sales Director, assists in identifying, develop and managing effective relationships with existing and potential subcontractors to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
• Generate purchase order requests for parts for all service work orders.
• Along with the After Sales Managers, generate retail and warranty estimates as needed.
• Along with the After Sales Managers, maintain all company assets that are assigned to the service department.
• Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
• Participates in meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
• Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve warranty cost reduction targets.
• Along with the warehouse, assist in maintaining an organized shop inventory storage system for parts including bin locations and part numbers; ensure this information matches inventory in SAP in cooperation with the warehouse personnel.
• Maintain a proper filing system for all paperwork including boat information
• Show respect and care for company equipment and property.
• Ensure proper care for service department vehicles and preventative maintenance
• Provide a positive customer service experience
• Availability for additional responsibilities during boat shows and other special events
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
At least 10 years in a hands on marine trade, preferably with a strength in systems with at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid driver’s license required
• Marine Trade Certificate or equivalent experience
• Captains License is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Good, sound business judgment and problem-solving ability.
• Results-oriented, prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Exceptional customer service abilities with both internal and external customers. Manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Excellent verbal and written communications
Interested parties should e-mail therir resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter your basic information below to start the process!