Merle Wood & Associates, a luxury yacht brokerage firm based in Fort Lauderdale, is seeking an astute administrative assistant. Yachting or real estate background is preferred.
The administrative assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting the president with various tasks
Formatting documents, presentations, & reports using basic Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat & basic InDesign
- Drafting sales contracts and charter contracts from templates
- Collecting yacht documents, photos, specifications, and other pertinent yacht information
- Inputting and updating sales listings in various Multiple Listing Systems (MLS), and ensuring they are up-to-date across all platforms
- Organizing and filing brochures
- Performing data entry
- Following communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Creating bound proposals and presentations
- Occasionally answering phones and greeting clients
- Booking travel itineraries
- Evening hours and some overtime required
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a similar office (or yacht) position, with proven job stability
- Possess strong attention to detail with a commitment to quality
- Have the ability to work under little supervision, multi-task, and prioritize
- Have the ability to work in a team environment and take direction from multiple sources while meeting deadlines
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro, and basic InDesign
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening
- Be a team player with a professional, positive, and can-do attitude
The pay is commensurate with experience; excellent benefits offered.
Merle Wood & Associates, founded in 1989, is a leading, internationally recognized, full-service provider of yacht brokerage and yacht charter services with cumulative closed sales of over $30 billion. With over 250 years of combined experience in representing buyers, sellers and charterers of the most notable yachts, Merle Wood & Associates is dedicated to enhancing the yachting lifestyle for its clientele.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES
If you are a self-motivated, hardworking individual who can handle changing priorities and multiple tasks, please send resumes to SYjobs@merlewood.com.
Competitive wages, and excellent benefits, including paid health insurance.
All applicants must have proof of eligibility to work in the US.
Enter your basic information below to start the process!